[CentOS] samba windows 2000 and windows 2003

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Thu Nov 24 15:50:31 UTC 2005

Nope,

The samba server is not a member of either domain and has no sid in that
respect, its simply doing passthru authentication to the 2000 server
box, using the password server directive in smb.conf.

In a test environment removing the 2003 domain controller and replacing
it with another 2000 controller it works fine.  Its to do with 2003
server.  XP clients when connect to a 2003 server automatically start
packet signing because the domain controller policy says "do it if its
possible", I changed this to "don't do it" but it still didn't work.

This isn't a SID issue,

Pete