[CentOS] Video Recording

Lee W

lee at unassemble.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 20:52:42 UTC 2005

Hi,

I would like to record some training/advertising videos, in a similar
format to those offered by CBT Nuggets (and others). Essentially this
means I need to be able grab real video (e.g. webcam or DV camcorder,
etc) as well as what is on the computer screen (VNC Recorder maybe) and
audio.

In terms of output I would like it to be in Ogg Theora format as these
seems to be supported both on Linux & Windows (though media player
plugins), it is also an open standard which beats all the other
available formats.

Does anyone have any suggestions for such a program, even if it is suite
of different programs.  My google/freshmeat search results have so far
been not very useful.

Thanks in advance

Lee