[CentOS] A minor beef

James B. Byrne ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Fri Nov 25 22:11:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:06:34 -0500, Bryan J. Smith" <thebs413 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> But if you find yourself having repeat issues, and it is really
> important to you, I have to suggest you consider paying Red Hat.  I
> know some here might disagree, but I have to at least say it.

However, in my case I arrived at CentOS via Whitebox after giving
up on paid support from RH on ES3.  They were nice enough people,
but I have had fewer problems getting updates from CentOS and have
obtained equally helpful support here as I ever did from RH; for
only $25.00 USD per box per year vs. ~$1000.00 per box per year.
As my experience with RH is not yet a year old I very much doubt
that there has been much change for the better.

Sometimes you do not get what you pay for; and when you do not then
it is better to have paid little than much.

Regards,
Jim

--
     *** e-mail is not a secure channel ***