[CentOS] A minor beef

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 00:54:02 UTC 2005

> Collins, where are you physically located (what country) so I can see if
> we can fix you on a stable mirror.
>
> The problem that I think you are having is that mirror.centos.org is a
> rrdns and I think you are having problems connecting to one (or more) of
> the several (currently 9) machines.
>
> If we can pick a couple fast, close, local mirrors and setup a fail-over
> or two for you, I think it will clear up all your problems.

Thanks, Johnny, and not only for your on target response. You and the
other folks at CentOS do a bang up job.

I'm in Denver, CO, USA.

Part of my problem, I suspect is that I haven't updated the repos
specs since I brought the laptop up to 4.1 level. Until the update
completed, I was probably also using a downlevel yum now that I think
of it.

>From what I saw, I agree with your assessment. After I repeated enough
times, I must have connected with a different mirror, but then hit the
same or another mirror again later in the process.

I haven't really seen this problem on my desktop machine (same home
site) other than when the download storm for 4.2 was in progress.
Prior to this, the only trouble I had was with occasional hits on the
Dag sites which certainly is no responsibility of yours.

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write