[CentOS] A minor beef

David Johnston david at littlebald.com
Tue Nov 29 02:45:59 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 15:42 -0700, Collins Richey wrote:
> I am not experiencing problems with repository interrelationships just
> pure falure at certain (not easily predictable or repeatable) points
> retrieving certain packages
> During this time I received no indication of inability to communicate
> with other external sites on my other systems that are on the same
> cable router.
> What I experienced might well be a one-off scenario, but I can't know
> that without reporting the problem and inquiring if others are
> experiencing similar problems. I did get a few reports to indicate
> that no one else appears to be experiencing this problem, and I am
> thankful for the concrete suggestions for circumventing the problem.

I've seen the same thing since I first started using Centos (just after
4.0 was released).  After "yum update" fails, I just hit the up arrow
and try again.  This has never been enough of a nuisance to complain
about it, but since Collins has brought it up, I can confirm that the
problem does exist.

Is there any way to have yum keep a verbose debug log that we could use
to pinpoint the cause?

-David