[CentOS] Yum / Up2date issues and mirror.centos.org

Tue Nov 29 12:31:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 07:25 -0500, Chris Mauritz wrote:
> May I make a suggestion?  How about advertising a torrent for the
> various ISO's (especially the DVD version) and offload some of that
> traffic onto people who perhaps cannot donate ~100mbits, but are cool
> with a few megabits?
>
> Cheers,

All the CentOS ISOs are available via torrents that CentOS.org is the
tracker for.

(In fact, you can't download ISOs from the CentOS servers directly)

If you want to help out on the torrent front, you can get the torrents
that you are interested in helping provide from here:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/isos/

or

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3/isos/

and join the torrent :)