[CentOS] Yum / Up2date issues and mirror.centos.org

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Nov 29 16:12:23 UTC 2005

William Warren wrote:
> i would rather not simply circumvent this isue...i would rather it be
> fixed.  Like i psoted to naother person..squid is a great proxy..that is
> unless it is one that now sucks.
>
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> William Warren wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a timetable to fix the yum/http proxy incompatibility?  i
>>> find it interesting this has not been addressed yet.

>> why not ask the guys who built the proxy, thats where the breakage is
>> mostly.
>>
>> Also, you have the option of going to a ftp mirror, and circumvent
>> this issue.

I've not had a problem with squid, its worked fine for me - I run a few
machines that sit behind it. But then again, not in a transparent role.

the fix you are looking for is the with proxy developers, not in yum -
yum uses http 1.1, as long as the proxy supports it and works in a sane
manner, you will have no problems ( that I know of ).

- K