[CentOS] Installation problems on old IBM server

Will McDonald

wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 09:28:13 UTC 2005

I've installed WBEL4 (so CentOS should be fine too, though it could be
that some support has been droped from respin 2?) on a few xSeries
eServer 300s without any problems at all as far as I can remember. Are
those the systems you're talking about?

Some of the larger xSeries boxes have given me problems with PXE and
Kickstart but I'm sure I've performed PXE/Kickstart and CD-based
installs on e300s.

Can you boot into "linux rescue" from the CD? Does "linux text" get
you any further?

Will.