[CentOS] trimming CentOS - flash disk

Thu Nov 24 14:34:09 UTC 2005
mbneto <mbneto at gmail.com>

Hi,

I am switching a few specific servers with CentOS 4.2 and I'd like to
use in some a flash disk (CF card).

Unfortunately the minimum size of a centos install seems to be around
600 Mb (at least that's what I got) and 1 Gb card are still expensive
and, IMHO too big if all you want is a gateway/iptables machine or a
NFS server.

There are other OSes and even distros that have a smaller footprint
(way down to 60 Mb), and I am not talking about those 'embedded'
distros like monowall, openwrt etc.

I was wondering if there is a quick way to reduce the size and if
there is a "slim process" in the works to do that.