[CentOS] Start scripts ordering

Sat Nov 26 15:25:49 UTC 2005
Phil Savoie <psavoie1783 at rogers.com>

Hi All,

Was wondering if you could help me out.  At work we are running CentOS 4.2 as
our mailserver/firewall.  The script in question is  /etc/rc3.d/S08iptables.
As this starts before the network adapters are set up, it hoses our iptables
script resulting in denying our internal hosts internet access.

What I would like to do is mv the script to /etc/rc3.d/S11iptables so the the
interfaces are up and then the iptables script kicks in.  It is in this way
that we find it works best for us.

However on a reboot we found that the "system" moved the script back to it's
original name of  /etc/rc3.d/S08iptables.

How would I "tell the system" to keep the script named
as /etc/rc3.d/S11iptables so that it does not automatically rename it back
to /etc/rc3.d/S08iptables?

Thank you in advance,

Phil