[CentOS] cdrecord Error (Permissions?)

Mon Nov 28 15:11:49 UTC 2005
Alex White <ethericalzen at gmail.com>

List,

Sorry to trouble anyone, a google on my error from k3b lead me to a
permissions issue, but after searching through several of the links
(including a few forums) I've failed to turn up exactly what the
permissions should be or if that is even an accurate solution.

When running k3b I get an error stating that cdrecord did not exit
properly. And k3b will not burn a cd.

Running cdrecord from the command line as such:

/usr/bin/cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=/dev/hdd speed=40 -dao
driveropts=burnfree -eject -data /home/fakeuser/cdimage.iso

I am met with a Segmentation fault. There is no other error obviously.

Any ideas? I'm running this as a regular user. Root does not
encounter this problem. So the iso is perfectly fine.

I am under the assumption that I inadvertently changed the
permissions of cdrecord or somethin' else stupid happened. What
permissions does cdrecord need to be run as a regular user or should
I be using sudo to burn a cd using cdrecord anyhow? Should cdrecord
be suid?

Sorry to bother!

Alex White