[CentOS] clamav

Tue Nov 1 15:29:12 UTC 2005
John Hinton <webmaster at ew3d.com>

JC wrote:

> When I executed: /usr/bin/freshclam -l /var/log/clamav/clam-update.log
>
> I got these warnings:
>
> ClamAV update process started at Tue Nov  1 08:21:20 2005
> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update
> immediately!
> WARNING: Local version: 0.83 Recommended version: 0.87
> main.cvd is up to date (version: 34, sigs: 39625, f-level: 5, builder:
> tkojm)
> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update
> immediately!
> WARNING: Current functionality level = 4, required = 5
> daily.cvd is up to date (version: 1151, sigs: 1289, f-level: 6,
> builder: tomek)
> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update
> immediately!
> WARNING: Current functionality level = 4, required = 6
>
> then added dag.repo and executed: yum update clamav clamd clamav-db
>
> and i got these:
>
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> dag                       100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
> 00:00
> update                    100% |=========================|  951 B
> 00:00
> base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
> 00:00
> addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B
> 00:00
> extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
> 00:00
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Could not find update match for clamav-db
> Could not find update match for clamd
> Could not find update match for clamav
> No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

Did you do the initial install from RPM and did the rpm come from Dag?
If not... things could be a little screwy as there are unknowns about
what you have. I would suggest removing the install you have and then
doing a fresh install from Dag. I've had great success with his clamav rpms.

Once done, if you leave the Dag repository in your yum.conf file, future
updates will roll in as you run yum update.

There are normally a few other base packages that get updated from Dag.
Logwatch for one. I really like his version better.... but you might
want to look closely at the packages set for update before excepting
them in case there's something you don't like. You can do exceptions on
these if you like. I personally do an exception on Webmin.

Best,
John Hinton

Best,
John Hinton