[CentOS] JRE for x86_64

Wed Nov 2 22:16:07 UTC 2005
Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net>

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> Errr...  you mean Java, not JavaScript, right?
>
> Yup, I noticed same thing too.  Some simple demo applets worked OK
> (hey I got
> nice looking fractal and my browser survived), other more complex
> would make
> browser to instantly crash.  Probably going to disable plugin.  Also,
> probably
> the reason jpackage folks disabled it in the spec file (or maybe Sun
> does not
> even ship it for the very same reasons)...

Yep.. java, not javascript.  Just was perusing Dag's site, and I don't
even see a "late" version of i-386 firefox.  Think the latest version
was less than 1, or maybe 1.0x-something.  From a previous post some
time back on the same thread, it would appear to me that the upstream
provider either should drop the x86-64 version of firefox and go to the
386 version.  I don't know of any reason anyone would *need* the 64-bit
version....

--
Snowman