[CentOS] YUM Parse Error

Thu Nov 3 10:01:38 UTC 2005
Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com>

On 03/11/05, Mark Sargent <powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> Will McDonald wrote:
>
> >I think this may have been discussed on the list before. Looks like
> >it's a transitory error message, possibly caused by load?
> >
> >http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2005-October/013565.html
> >
> >I'd switch to using a close mirror rather than the base repo anyway.
> >
> >http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/i386/dag/
> >
> Hi All,
>
> sorry, confused. Does this finally resolve itself.? Why is the file
> empty.? Do I need to replace with a completely new 1, or does it finally
> regenerate itself.? Cheers.

It has in the past when I've seen it. I don't know if it's a problem
with the file in Dag's repository or something local. I've only seen
it occur on a friends system and he was using Dags repo directly
rather than a mirror. I've never seen it using the mirrors, though we
rsync those to a local repo anyway.

Will.