[CentOS] YUM Parse Error

Thu Nov 3 12:19:20 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 01:09 +1300, Tom wrote:

> Johnny Hughes wrote:

> >>Hi All,
> >>
> >>yep, updated the yum.conf to reflect the mirror suggested. Cheers.
> >>
> >>Mark Sargent.
> >

> > Just for the record, dag has commented on this before.
> >
> > The main site that hosts his repo is also an apache project test
> > site ... so from time to time there are issues on that box.
> >

> funny thing is it only seems to affect centos4, I don't get those errors
> with any of my 3 boxes.

In this particular case, that is because yum 2.0.x (the one in CentOS 3)
uses individual headers and a .info file ... and yum 2.2.x/2.3.x/2.4.x
(the one in CentOS 4 is now 2.4.x) uses .xml files and repomd data (all
the headers in one file).

The xml file generation produces a zero size .xml file on that mirror
(intermittently)... which only effects products using yum
2.2.x/2.3.x/2.4.x (so for CentOS, it only effects CentOS-4).  It would
also effect FC 3 and 4 and RHEL 4 with yum.