[CentOS] Putting nat routing into place permanently? -- [OT] and so it begins (the debate)

Fri Nov 4 21:04:59 UTC 2005
Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com>

> [ I know I'm now going to hear from "select people" that I'm
> "flaunting my resume" again.  Sigh. ]

Actually in this context this information is useful. And tone matters too,
remember. This has been a good thread, IMHO.

> It should be noted that Red Hat does not have inter-service
> dependency checking, unlike SuSE and others -- which can be a
> major issue.  Red Hat is actually developing a next-gen
> service initialization engine, much like Solaris already has,
> while still being LSB/legacy SysVinit compatible.

That's interesting. I used SuSE for like 3 years. It always "felt" well
organized with respect to configuration scripts, but I wasn't sure if that
was me just being naive or what? I'm not systems guru, so I wasn't sure.
It just felt better. The last few RHEL releases, though, have been very
good in this respect.

> I'm sure I'm getting on the nerves of many.  That's why it's
> probably best I discuss these things off-list, even if some
> value the information I can provide (they are typically the
> minority).

Why do you always have to do this? Make it personal. No one is out to get
you. There's no witch hunt. I think this thread has been very productive
and interesting, personally. You're not getting on my nerves right now.
This conversation has been very instructive and interesting to me.

Preston