[CentOS] Sendmail

Sun Nov 6 01:05:05 UTC 2005
Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net>

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 17:44 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> ----
> dovecot and cyrus-imapd are 2 imap/pop3 servers included in CentOS 4
> distribution. Qpopper is neither distributed, maintained or updated as
> part of CentOS. I would heavily recommend that you use dovecot or cyrus-
> imapd (my preference is for cyrus-imapd but many believe dovecot is
> easier).
>
> You can have TLS/MTA and normal MTA on the same system, they must both
> be specifically enabled as Alexander has suggested.
>
> Craig

I suppose there is no real compelling reason to use qpopper other than
I've been using it for years with no problems, either security-wise or
operational wise.  There were some threads back just recently about
dovecot vs. cyrun-imapd but I was not paying much attention to them.  Is
there documentation on setup of either/both of them somewhere in the
CentOS docs ?

Sam