[CentOS] Re: New Standard/Daylight time-change dates in rhel4u2 but not centos4.2?

Mon Nov 7 19:50:36 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org> wrote:
> Those darn politicians, there should be a law to put into
> jail for life any politician who even thinks about
> proposing any artificial time changes,

While my Libertarian ideals agree with you on the fact that
politicians live to legislate, but statemen do not, asking
for such jail time for doing such would require yet another
law.  ;->

Seriously now, GMT everything.  I have always GMT'd the RTC
-- especially with the common "double jump" that Windows used
to pull on me (until they fixed that).  But I started GMT'ing
all systems over the last few years and have been running
things according to GMT time.

I only setup locale on an individual user-base now.  That
minimizes such legislation non-sense (among other things).