[CentOS] Putting nat routing into place permanently? -- service iptables save

Mon Nov 7 21:56:03 UTC 2005
Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com>

>>It's not the right place for things that need to be adjusted on
>>runlevel changes, although it can be used as a quick fix for
>>not having a proper init script.
>
> One final point, why would you want to change a firewall on runlevel
> changes?  On an internet facing machine this would seem an odd and risky
> thing to do...
>
> Get your firewall right, and you never need to change it unless the
> function of the box changes, certainly have a firewall change on run
> levels seems weird to me....
>
> Regards
>
> Pete

That's a question for someone else. I just wanted to know how to do it so
I could port-forward 80 to 8080 so Tomcat could be seen on 80, but still
run as a non-privelaged user. That's all.

Preston