[CentOS] Java support : is there a native package ?

Wed Nov 9 19:31:47 UTC 2005
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 11/9/05, mbneto <mbneto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is a rpm package for java (jre) to centos 4.x
> or do I have to get from sun/ibm/blackdown ?

Most of the sun/ibm/blackdown packages aren't that user-friendly to
set up. Dag has a jre in his repository that is quite nice and sets up
the java environment for you. If his package will not work, I would
recommend getting one of the jpackage nosrc java rpms and rebuilding
it using the sources from sun/ibm/blackdown. It will make them MUCH
nicer to deal with.

--
Jim Perrin
System Administrator - UIT