[CentOS] Dag repo

Thu Nov 10 15:32:25 UTC 2005
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, John Hinton wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> What would be helpful, at least until you can get to the root of the problem,
> is to post in the FAQ section, alternative mirrors. As these could change, and
> I would assume you would know about that pretty quickly... the 'official' DAG
> mirror list could be kept current on the site, allowing us to feel more secure
> about selections.

Well, the best way to configure the RPMforge repository is to install the
rpmforge-release package. It includes the configuration for using a
mirror-list.

I should put this into the RPMforge FAQ at:

	http://rpmforge.net/user/faq/

> It's just a bit of a pain to go comment you out on 6 or so machines in order
> to get CentOS updates. Not to mention the chance of 'not' having beautiful
> women flocking to your door.

Well, in my opinion you should file a bug-report (or feature request) for
yum. As it seems silly that 1 defunct mirror is blocking all other
updates.

> Thanks so much for all of your work. It is really appreciated and so well
> done... Stuff like this is just so non-Dag-like.

You're welcome. I have little to do with problems on the server/mirror
side. Especially when problems seems random. I have no other access than
my users for the HEAnet main mirror. And I have no alternative for HEAnet
(especially since I don't know how much visitors or bandwidth is required
to run the main mirror).

I guess my best bet is to add contact-information for HEAnet available in
the FAQ, but I am afraid to forward unrelated issues to them.

Kind regards,