[CentOS] dags repo after 4.2 update

Thu Nov 10 15:36:38 UTC 2005
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Tom wrote:

> > > Is anyone else having probs with dags repo after 4.2 update?
> > >
> > > # yum update
> > > Setting up Update Process
> > > Setting up repositories
> > > http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/i386/dag/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4]
> > > IOError: <urlopen error (101, 'Network is unreachable')>
> > > Trying other mirror.
> > > Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: dag
> > > failure: repodata/repomd.xml from dag: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
> > > Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from dag: [Errno 256] No more mirrors
> > > to try.
> >
> > Try adding some mirrors (I moved the problematic primary to the end):
> >
> > $ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/dag.repo
> > # # [dag]
> > name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Dag's repo
> > baseurl=http://dag.atrpms.net/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
> >   http://dag.freshrpms.net/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
> >   http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
> >   http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
> > failovermethod=priority
> > enabled=1
> > gpgkey=http://dag.wieers.com/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt
> > gpgcheck=1
> >
> > Phil
>
> this setup works well, cheers :)

The 3 latter URLs are actually one and the same machine. If you install
the rpmforge-release package, you can find a yum mirror-list configuration
commented that you can use with more mirrors.

The downside of the mirror-list approach is that you may not be using the
one that works best for you.

Kind regards,