[CentOS] Multi-button mice and Linux? -- 3 button mice have always been *THE* standard

Thu Nov 10 22:49:41 UTC 2005
Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com>

> Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone here use a multi-button (as in more than 2)
>> mouse with Linux?
>
> The late '60s first "modern mouse" (a ball design driving
> perpenducular axis) had 3 buttons.  In fact, the inventor was
> so ahead of his time, he also invented the 5-chord keyboard
> so you could input any keystroke without having to use the
> QWERTY keyboard (unless you were typing at full speed --
> which you wouldn't be using the mouse at the same time).

Okay, now you're "flaunting" again. :-)

Seriously, though, good info and thanks everyone for the replies. Mainly
what I hope to do is map a couple frequently used key combinations like
Alt-Tab, as I use that a lot as a web developer. Otherwise, whatever other
options I think up in the future....

Preston