[CentOS] Multi-button mice and Linux?

Fri Nov 11 03:51:21 UTC 2005
William A. Mahaffey III <wam at HiWAAY.net>

Preston Crawford wrote:

>Does anyone here use a multi-button (as in more than 2) mouse with Linux?
>How well supported are they? I've had to get one recently for work. I was
>diagnosed with CTS and I now wear braces and use a wireless Intellimouse.
>Works great at work with Windows, but I'm unsure how much, if any support
>there is for Linux. Anyone have experience with this?
>
>Preston

I am writing this on a SuSE 8.2 Box, kernel 2.4.20 (i.e. older Linux),
using a Kensington optical mouse w/ 3 buttons (w/ a USB-to-PS/2
adapter), the middle one both button & roller. I hot-swapped it a few
months ago when the old one croaked & was off to the races, not a hint
of problems since. YMMV & all that.

--
	William A. Mahaffey III
	Remember, ignorance is bliss, but