[CentOS] VirtualHost squirrelmail and Apache

Fri Nov 11 15:43:00 UTC 2005
James B. Byrne <ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca>

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:18:33 +0100, Jujo <jujo at jujo.info> wrote:

> On the other hand I have a little problem when logging in
> squirrelmail from address http://mail.domain.com and not from
> http://www.domain.com/webmail but I will post it from house when
> I have all information available.

This is likely to be an Apache rewrite problem and not, as was
later suggested, either an php or squirrelmail issue per se.  If
you want a recipe that works for accessing virtual domains and
squirrelmail over https (ssl) then you can see my posts at:

However, if you are as inexperienced with apache as you appear to
be with dns then you need to know that working with mod rewrite is
not for the faint of heart.  You can begin at:

 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html

Further, you need to configure squirrelmail itself to handle
virtual servers in addition to whatever you do in apache. This
feature is provided as a squirrelmail plugin.  See:

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=47

I consider your questions as entirely appropriate for the CentOS
mailing list.  This is after all, a distribution, of which bind,
apache, sendmail, cyrus-imapd, dovecot and squirrelmail are all a
part, no less important than any other.  When one is setting up a
new system using unfamiliar software then having ready access to a
group of people that have already taken the same general path that
you are on is a tremendous asset.  They are a great source of
ancillary information regarding package inter-relationships and
side issues that may not be even considered relevant on application
specific forums.

Regards,
Jim

--