[CentOS] kannel from dag - sqlite conflict with centos 4.2

Mon Nov 14 10:20:52 UTC 2005
Tony <pthagonal at gmail.com>

On 11/14/05, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> > I know that it does conflict with Dag's sqlite 2 .. and I am sorry, but
> > we need to maintain compatibility with the upstream provider, since if
> > we add other items that use sqlite, we will need to have that
> > compatibility.

Fair enough - using FC's sqlite srpm makes complete sense to me.

I'm not familiar with the problem, are we using a package-name that has
> been obsoleted in some way ? Or are files conflicting ?

Dag- there are no internal file conflicts between the two sqlite rpms - I
solved my problem with "rpm -ivh sqlite-3.2.2-1.i386.rpm" and now have both
sqlite packages happily sitting side by side. The problem came earlier when
an up2date -u wanted to replace your sqlite package with the new
centos 4.2one- but your kannel package needs your sqlite as the new
package is really
sqlite3. RHEL users of your kannel package won't be affected, and hopefully
any other centos4 users will find this mail thread or have solved it for
themselves way faster than I did. If you rebuild your kannel against the new
centos sqlite library then you break RHEL users. I suppose you could change
your sqlite package to be called sqlite2 to avoid the clash, but I guess
that would give you all sorts of other dependency changes elsewhere in your
repo.

I don't know enough about how packages obsolete each other. Maybe the
problem is that the FC/centos4 sqlite rpm should have something in it to say
that it doesn't obsolete sqlite versions < 3?

--
Cheers,

Tony