[CentOS] Re: selinux stuff - I just don't get

Tue Nov 15 03:38:44 UTC 2005
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 22:07 -0500, Chris Mauritz wrote:
> Craig White wrote:

> Is there a particular feature of SELinux that this client needs to use?
> Or will SELinux simply be turned on because it's there?  If you don't
> explicitly need functionality provided by SELinux, perhaps it might be
> more prudent to exclude it...especially since you say you don't
> understand it.  And that's not a jibe at you.  It's by no means an easy
> subject.
----
In the above, you are telling me what I should do and the previous
paragraphs which I clipped out, you suggested that I was doing the same
to you which I didn't.

- I don't want to debate the value of SELinux with you or anyone else.

- You can choose to use it or turn it off as you please.

Knowledge often comes in bits and pieces. I don't thoroughly understand
openldap, netfilter, cyrus-imapd, apache configuration and probably a
great many other things but I use them anyway. I learn as I go. I fix
problems that my knowledge allows and seek help where I can't readily
figure it out from available information.

No matter how many times you repeat your philosophy, you still
contribute nothing to furthering security, understanding or usage of the
avaialble tools. When I am confronted with that set of circumstances, I
generally stay quiet.

Craig

believed to be clean.