[CentOS] CentOS 3.5 - CentOS 4.0 - DL145 G2 Boot problem

Tue Nov 15 14:25:21 UTC 2005
John Hinton <webmaster at ew3d.com>

Unni Krishnan wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am facing a strange problem .I am unable to install CentOS 4.0 on my
> HP DL145 G2 Server .I am getting the following error
>
> RAMDISK: couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
> Please append correct "root=" boot option
> VFS: cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block (3,3)
> Kernal panic - not syncing VFS unable to mount root fs
>

> however CentOS 3.5 installs properly .Can anyone let me why this is
> happening ?
>

> --
> Unnikrishnan.P

Seems like I had this same issue... different Compaq machine... when
trying to do a LVM install. Using disk druid.. no problems. I think
there are some compatibility issues with some of the Compaq raid devices.

Good luck,
John Hinton