[CentOS] wget

Thu Nov 17 15:10:06 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 15:02 +0000, Peter Farrow wrote:
> Yes I agree about the compatibility, very brainless to just go and
> remove them, I can't imagine how many scripts thats going to break let
> alone all my stuff...
> It changed from Centos 4.1 to 4.2, Wget versions 1.9 to 1.10

Well, I'm not going to debate what they should/shouldn't have done.  And
I agree, it's always an issue in a revision (and not a major version
upgrade).

But also remember that POSIX, SUS, LSB, etc... standards sometimes force
these changes.  I don't think that happened here, but just keep that in
mind for some things.  ;->

--
Bryan J. Smith   b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com
For everything else *COUGH*commercials*COUGH* there's "ManningCard"