[CentOS] SELinux threads, cynicism, one-upmanship, etc.

Thu Nov 17 23:18:49 UTC 2005
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Ron Jones wrote:

>>> No single user should ever have 'do
>>>everything' rights once the system is running multiuser.
>>>

>>That's fine if you are willing to pay 3 people to do one job and
>>spy on each other.  So far no place I've worked has done that.
>>

> That sounds to me like a taxpayer-funded environment :-))

Exactly.  And SELinux was developed by the NSA who probably has 30
people doing every task and each one spying on the other 29.  If you
need that level of security/complexity mazel tov.  If you don't, just
turn it off.

Cheers,