[CentOS] SELinux threads, cynicism, one-upmanship, etc.

Thu Nov 17 23:55:29 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> People skills are part of any job usually.

E-mail is not a form of people skills.  In fact, if you
handle people in e-mail, instead of just walking over to
their office, or picking up the phone, then you're not giving
them a sense of attention, not involved voice, tone, body
language, etc...

I avoid e-mail like the black plague at work.  It's so much
easier to walk over or call them if they are afar.  Leave
voice mails.  Use only e-mail/text to send them electronic
info or notices, _not_ for conversation.

I couldn't be a trainer, consultant, architect, etc... if my
people skills were as bad in person as they are in e-mail.
If I need to put something in writing, I'm going to write
formal in a typeset or DTP, not the jibberish I normally put
out on lists like this in text.