[CentOS] [OT][Practices] The Case for RBAC/MAC

Fri Nov 18 14:55:43 UTC 2005
Brian T. Brunner <brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com>

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

>>> thebs413 at earthlink.net 11/18/05 09:40AM >>>
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 05:43 -0800, Brian T. Brunner wrote:
>> 1: e-mail is a people skill, you affect people with it.  The value
>>     of your presentation rises or falls with your skill at presentation.

>In environments like this, communication over e-mail is not optional.

This concurs with my asserted point: e-mail is a personal skill.

>> 2: My embedded headless linux targets live in isolated
>>     networks, even relative to other computer or
>>     network equipment at the target site.  At times, the nearest
>>     land is 2 miles straight down (ocean floor).

> And your point is?

Slightly beyond your grasp?  Who, pray tell, is my attacker?

>> 3: These targets are also without anything resembling
>>     a linux-aware operator and (ipso facto) must generate
>>     NO mail and self-limiting logs of a "usually ignored' type.

> Well, that makes a little more sense.

YAYYY!  I've passed a cognitive coherence test from somebody
whose methods of presentation in e-mail are sufficiently poor
that I SIMPLY DON'T CARE whether I pass his tests.

Once again, I depart from this conversation.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

www.hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated