[CentOS] Ssh with OS X Tiger (Darwin) and CentOS 4.2

Sun Nov 20 03:24:46 UTC 2005
Ryan Lum <cow at launchpc.com>

Sorry about being unclear.

The issue is I cannot create an openssh session from an tiger box to and
centos box.  The ssh connection actually connects because it will go ahead
and add the id to known_host, however it takes very a long time.  I have
tested ssh from a xp/putty box and redhat box that lies out side of my
network.  Odd thing about the whole thing is it worked yesterday.  I talked
to the admin and he rest bash on the box, and the OS X box was able to
connect, but it was still quite slow.  After while the lag was long enough
to timeout again.  Another admin in the datacenter with a mac said he didn't
have any problems.  Besides recompiling any other ideas?

cow at supercow cow $ssh xxx.xxx.com -l xxx
The authenticity of host 'xxxx.com (xxx.xxx.xxx)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'xxxx.com,xxx.xxx.xxx' (RSA) to the list of known
hosts.
Connection closed by xxx.xxx.xxx
cow at supercow cow $ssh -v
OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005