[CentOS] latex writer in gnome? -- [indirect] LyX?

Tue Nov 22 17:31:24 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

Sharon Kimble <sharon04 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know the gnome program that you can write in
> latex with please?

I'm sure most people will point you to emacs or vim syntax
highlighting.

> I'm not sure but I think its in the base repo. Its not
> winefish as it (winefish) doesn't compile the source text
> like the program that I'm looking for does.

Any reason you don't like Qt-based LyX?

I use the base articles and then in-line the ERT (evil red
text aka direct in-line [La]TeX).  I can see how some [La]TeX
power users might not like LyX.  But I'm a WYSIWYM loving
wennie, and LyX does most of what I need outside of an ERT
block here and there.

Just curious, as I'm always on the lookout for new ways to
write LaTeX.  Some of the newer LaTeX to/from SXW converters
are also nice, and LyX outputs it's strict common article
LaTeX for doing such (at least in my experience).