[CentOS] RHEL3 --> CentOS3 HP proliant 380

Wed Nov 23 11:37:33 UTC 2005
Peter van Eck <peter at vaneckonline.net>

Thanks. Ignore most of my previous reply.

Yes I didn't install this machine initially so have no clue how the
HPinitrd was built.
Luckily I found some leftovers from that  ~/root including a rhel3
HP280 install doc. I won't attempt to upgrade the kernel or install a
new one without having access to the console. The machine is
physically 1500 km away :-)

So not touching the kernel but upgrade the rest of the system will
cause no harm ?

A detailed description in the smartfaq on how to migrate RHEL3 to CentOS 3
is using "yum update" instead of "yum upgrade"

However the man page says that "upgrade" is deprecated and may be
removed in the future ..

thanks,
Peter