[CentOS] 3ware RAID controller scripts

Mon Nov 28 12:30:11 UTC 2005
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 11/27/05, Bob Lewkowitz <boblewkowitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/27/05, Peter Arremann <loony at loonybin.org> wrote:
> >
> > If you're running 4 you don't need to write your own scripts - smartd can
> > monitor the drives behind a 3ware controller.
>
> Unfortunately it will be with Centos 3

While it may be a bit of overkill in your situation ( I have no idea
what your situation is ) I monitor our raid enclosures of all types
3ware included with nagios plugins to report several things. If you're
already using nagios to monitor other server items, it blends easily.
If not, the check_3ware plugin for nagios is essentially just two
shell scripts. You may be able to edit them or add them to a cron on
your own to suit your needs. They're located at
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/RAID_Controller.58.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=289

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT