[CentOS] A minor beef

Tue Nov 29 11:02:58 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> So that's the same thing RedHat is doing with the application disk.

Yep, Red Hat and only select others really strive to do keep the 100%
redistributable components separate from the non-redistributable
components.

It seems Novell does want to do this with SuSE, but as of even OpenSuSE
10.0 (as I've seen it), they have not yet (please correct me if I'm
wrong, and 9.3 was the last release that didn't).

Debian has always excelled at marketing everything.  But don't confuse
their _official_ repository "NON-FREE" category with non-Debian,
additional repositories that add stuff to the "NON-FREE" category.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com
Some things (or athletes) money can't buy.
For everything else there's "ManningCard."