[CentOS] Yum / Up2date issues and mirror.centos.org

Tue Nov 29 18:56:33 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

William Warren wrote:
> I have gone ftp in my yum.confs.  I only have two machines
> so a local repo is not really feasible here.

So you, in fact, did _not_ agree with Les' statement:

  "That's the point.  You don't need to configure every
   client.  Why would anyone want to?"

You have 2 systems.  Add the damn proxy line and get over it.
 ;->

Everything else is arguing about things that are much larger
than YUM.  If you want to make an argument, don't pick and
choose the context as it is appropriate to make your case.

> If i had more than a few machines i would go with an rsync
> local mirror...however that would be more work than it's
> worth here.

And I agree.  But in the context of Les' statements, which
you agreed with, you have but *2* systems.  ;->

> I would like it to work over http.  I have to disagree with
> you on this one bryan..:)

But you didn't exactly agree with Les either.  Again, if you
want to make an argument, don't pick and choose the context
as it is appropriate to make your case.

Having to set the proxy server is not going to kill you on 2
systems.  If you have a lot of systems, you're going to have
a local mirror and, hopefully, a proper configuration
management system anyway.  I don't care what OS/app you're
running.  ;->

As far as disagreeing with me, get in line.  I'm
overwhelmingly in the minority.