[CentOS] centos 3 and 4

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 22:44:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 15:11, Mark Quitoriano wrote:
> what's the difference between 3.5 and 4.1? what's its pros and cons,
> if i will be implementing a server should i stick with 3.5?

3.5 uses the 2.4 kernel and has older versions of applications.
If everything you need to run works on 4.1, I'd recommend
starting with that because going forward you should expect
a longer supported life.  However, for a server you should
not see a lot of difference since server apps have not changed
much in years.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com