[CentOS] Re: centos] memory leak in Centos 4.1 and 4.0

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Oct 3 21:55:24 UTC 2005

> On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 14:37, Craig White wrote:
> > not all that problematic but I appreciate the tendency to not change
> > things that are working. It's just so much faster - even on my 1 user
> > setup at home and incredibly so much faster in multi-client
> > environments.
> But you are comparing the speed of uw-imap with mbox format against
> cyrus and the mbox format is the problem.   Procmail knows how to
> deliver in maildir format and dovecot can access it with some
> opportunistic indexing to get a big speedup without having to change
> as much from the users' or administrator's perspectives.
absolutely - apparently uw-imap is capable of using maildir too, but I
never knew that until I had switched over to cyrus-imapd.

you can use dovecot - I definitely like cyrus-imapd, love sieve, mail
quotas, shared folders, autocreate folders/shared folders, autocreate
sievescripts, multiple backend stores, etc. Speed is only one of the
reasons. As I said, the long view of living with a mail daemon makes
things like initial setup and conversion pretty much meaningless.

believed to be clean.