[CentOS] Motherboards

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Tue Oct 4 15:07:18 UTC 2005

Does anyone have any experience with Super-Micro brand motherboards //
dual Xeon cpu's?  Had to swap out my Tyan piece of junk and going back
with the S-M board.  I believe it has similar north/southbridge chips on
it -- at least they are the intel MCH ICH5R and PXH plus the 82546GB.
One area that the Tyan board was seriously lacking in was in the
hardware monitoring department.  The S-M board uses a winbond 83627HF
chip.  Another area I'm wondering about is with the SATA controller.
Supposedly the ICH5R supports Raid 0, 1, and JBOD's, but does CentOS
handle the sata raid without difficulty?

Tnx..

--
Snowman