[CentOS] ant RPM for CentOS 4

Aleksandar Milivojevic

alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Oct 6 17:05:33 UTC 2005

Attempting to build OpenOffice 2 on CentOS 4 from rawhide (future FC5) SRPM.
The spec file has EL4 target (which is nice), and I got almost all dependencies
in place (mostly from 4.2beta and some from rawhide).  However, I'm missing the
ant package.  Ant from rawhide doesn't compile since it is already gcc 4 based
(fails on dependencies, getting it to use gcc4 instead of gcc seems like nice
piece of work, but I might be wrong, I might need to do it after all).  Similar
story with FC4 ant SRPM.  CentOS doesn't have ant RPM at all.  FC3 (which is the
closest match to EL4/CentOS4) doesn't have it either.

Has anybody managed to rebuild ant SRPM on CentOS 4.x?