[CentOS] Centos for SPARC- when?

Pasi Pirhonen upi at iki.fi
Thu Oct 6 22:38:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 05:57:57PM -0400, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Oh, the other reason I might want to run CentOS/SPARC is to help build
> CentOS/SPARC to give back to the CentOS community.  That 14 CPU E6500 should
> make a nice buildbox.

This seems to be as good as any insertion point for this.

I've actually (it didn't work perfectly still) installed CentOS-4/sparc
now.

I am just now getting out of the server to NFS a next generation of
tree which i am about to test install in few minutes.

Didn't even look about CD-image generation still and the tftp-images i
try to generate are b0rked, but i just toss the vmlinux + initrd on
running install and lauch the installer from there now.

So there is definetly some progress ongoing all the time ......

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/