[CentOS] 2 httpd configs

Craig White

craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Oct 7 23:58:27 UTC 2005

I normally don't do this - haven't got any traction on taroon list and I
want to get a backup going.

I have an RHEL 3 server and it is serving some simple web stuff
(horde/imp/etc.)

I have installed BrightStor ArcServe and I need it to also serve some
web pages. The ArcServe runs on a different port but has it's own
httpd.conf with the distribution.

The last time I did it, it was the only web pages I needed to serve on
the system so it was easy enough to just replace the
default /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf with the supplied httpd.conf from
ArcServe

This time, I can't do that so I guess that I want to run another
instance of httpd, with the alternate httpd.conf file which I can do by
copying /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd and altering the copy to use the ArcServe
config file.

Is this the right way to handle this?

Craig

believed to be clean.