[CentOS] java error

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Sat Oct 8 02:22:17 UTC 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 20:57, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I just installed java-sdk using yum. When I try to execute the following,
> I get an exception error:
>
> root at blh fileIndexer]# java -Xmx256m -jar FileIndexer-1.1.5.jar
> Warning: -Xmx256m not understood. Ignoring.
> Warning: -jar not understood. Ignoring.
You're either running a really old version of java or you have the java stuff
that comes with the os installed and your path picks that up first..
Run
rpm -qa `which java`
most likely it points to the gnu implementation and you have to fix it that
way. If not, you'll have to go download a newer version of the jdk from
java.com.

Peter.