[CentOS] HPLIP

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 9 15:35:33 UTC 2005

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 08:07 -0500, Robert wrote:
>

>>The conflict with hpijs is a no-brainer -- remove it because hplip is a
>>replacement.  But what about system-config-printer?  I'm not too keen on
>>dropping back to manually setting up printers.  Any advice is welcome.
>>

>Edit the spec file and remove the conflict.

Thanks for the reply.  I tried that, even went so far as to rebuild
system-config-printer, too.  At that point I felt just about like I did
trying to cram CUPS into RH7.2 before finally throwing in the towel and
installing RH7.3.
....that was pre-YUM.

I guess I'll live without hp-toolbox for a bit longer.