[CentOS] PE-2850 to AX100 via Qlogic Card (QLA200 HBA) on CentOS 4.1

kadafax

kadafax at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 11:59:06 UTC 2005

Hi list,
I have the choice to use RHEL4 or Centos4.x on a Dell PowerEdge2850 who
is linked to an AX100 storage system. My question is: does the QLA200
(the pci fiber channel card) driver will work on CentOS 4.1 . For now
the card is listed like this on CentOS 4.1:
---
#lspci
09:04.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp.: Unknown device 6312 (rev 03)
---
What kind of modification must/can I do to the original RPM driver for
it to work on CentOS? Am I stuck to use RHEL?
Thanks for any advice.