[CentOS] Can't access files at localhost

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Tue Oct 11 15:14:41 UTC 2005

I've created a symlink inside my /var/www/html/ folder called "web",
which is points to a my /home/dave/web directory.

Inside that directory, I created a folder for my web site called

I thought I should be able to access that web site through FireFox by
going to either:

... or:

... but I just get errors. It says that httpd is not a registered
protocol, and the connection to localhost/web/website was refused.

Am I not addressing these sites correctly? Have I muddled the directory
trees or http protocols somehow?

Just to be clear, the directory with all the html and php files is:

The symlink is: