[CentOS] Wherefore whitebox?

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Wed Oct 12 06:10:25 UTC 2005

I'm a recent convert from WBEL. My biggest concern with CentOS is that the
community here seems to want to be more than a recompile of RHEL.

But WBEL is floundering, what with Katrina and Rita, and there really being
only 1 developer behind it, etc.

I offer an automated shell script to switch from WBEL4 to CentOS4 (easy, it's
hosted on my home DSL line!) It assumes that you've been using yum to perform

How many otther ex-WBEL users are there here?

- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978