[CentOS] Should I and can I upgrade GTK.+/PyGTK?

Brian T. Brunner

brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Wed Oct 12 12:50:04 UTC 2005

More helpfully, the [B]leeding Edge stuff is what the Fedora Core are about.

e.g. FC4 (now under distribution) stuff will arrive in or about RHEL5.

Generally, if you don't see something in FC (current) you won't see it in RHEL (next)

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> I downloaded the tar file and attempted to install it. I got this
> message:
>
> [dave at localhost quodlibet-0.13.1]$ ./quodlibet.py
> E: You need GTK+ 2.6 and PyGTK 2.6 or greater.
> E: You have GTK+ 2.4.13 and PyGTK 2.4.0.
> E: Please upgrade GTK+/PyGTK.
>
> I tried a YUM update, but it didn't say anything about new versions of
> GTK or PyGTK.
>
> What am I not understanding about this situation?

CentOS or any Enterprise Distro will not give you the latest leading
edge pkgs, if thats what you want - look elsewhere.

- K